Teenagers level 4 and level 5 - English classes for teenagers from 15 to 17 years old
Our English classes for teenagers from 15 to 17 years old are fun, lively and interactive. We know it is important that your teenager learns to enjoy English from a young age.
What will your child learn?
Generally students spend either two or three years studying at B2 (Upper-Intermediate) level (T4, T5 and T6). They spend the first year in T4 where they get a good base and understanding of the grammar and vocabulary needed for this level. T5 is a continuation of the B2 (Upper-Intermediate) level. Depending on the progression of the student in the T4 class this level may not be necessary. We strongly recommend that all students studying at this level also study in the Teenagers' Listening and Speaking Skills class on either Wednesdays or Fridays.
The book we use is Cambridge Citizen Z B2 level. This book gives students everything that they need to master an Upper-Intermediate level of English. Students will study topics such as technology, life’s ups and downs, work and education. Grammar will focus on all future tenses, advice and obligation, conditionals, relative clauses and verb patterns.
Writing follows on from what students have studied in the past. However, we place a bigger emphasis on grammar tenses, more complicated vocabulary and idioms and expressions that are commonly used in the English speaking world. Students will write articles, reviews, reports and letters.
As always in Native English Academy, speaking forms the backbone of the class. Students will work in pairs and groups to get the most speaking time possible in class. Listening exercises will also feature in the class as it is very important that students are familiar with accents from all over the world.
Why choose Native English?
It is very important for parents that our English classes for teenagers from 15 to 17 years old are enjoyable.
Because all our teachers are native speakers, your child will be very familiar with different accents from a young age. This will have huge benefits for your child's English pronunciation.
In our English classes for teenagers from 15 to 17 years old, we have a maximum number of 12 students in our classes. In 2022-2023, we will have four classes at T4 and T5 level.
Native English opened in 2012 with 30 children and teenagers. We now have more than 300. Almost all of our children and teenagers come through word of mouth. We believe that we offer the best value classes for your child. Why don't you come in to our academy and talk to us? We would love to tell you more about how your child will learn in a fun, relaxed environment.
- Duration: 2 hours weekly. (Additional listening and speaking class available for 1 hour on Wednesdays or Fridays.)
- Number of students: Maximum of 12 students in every class.
- Parent teacher meeting once per year in February.
- Presentation evening once per year in May. Students will perform for their classmates and parents.
- Two progress reports per year.
- Price: €62 each month, €175 for 3 months or €485 for a year. €55 for registration.
- Registration includes level test (where appropriate), class text books, Native English school bag and all extra material for one year.
- We offer a 10% discount for the second student in the same family who studies with us, and a 20% discount for the third and subsequent family member.